Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tents on slopes, broken showers, and a lot of girls

I think I gave the wrong impression when I moved into this ward of being adventures and even slightly outdoorsy.  Maybe it's Mike's fault because he does happen to be outdoorsy.  I'm really not sure what part of me didn't convey to the world how much I love showers and sleep but it didn't come across because they called me to go to girls camp.  I teach a lot of these girls at high school and I get to be with the Mia Maids in church so I have grown to really love these girls; nevertheless, camp was not top of my list.  That said, it really was a delightful week.  Not an all out blast, but nice.  The girls were charming and pleasant, but showers did break and sleeping bags did slide.   


Several of the camp directors from other wards were people I knew from the singles ward, before we all got married.  It was nice catching up and just chatting with great people at the same stage of life. 



 

2 comments:

Melissa (Irving) Meldrum said...

Man, I really missed not being able to go to girls camp this year. They wouldn't let me go with Zoey. I loved being the camp leader last year though! You'll be jelouse, here in Dallas the camp is like a mini resort almost! We had A/C full bathrooms, beds, full kitchens in each "cabin" (really just houses filled with bunkbeds!) Glad you had a good time!!

Katie Curtis said...

I love your pictures! (The top one I can't make bigger by clicking on it, but it looks amazing!) I miss your pictures of the day thing.