Sunday, September 23, 2012

And Cue Tears

Yesterday I felt a wave of sadness when I glanced at Reid and saw a baby, not a newborn.  I really think I would pause time forever if I could.  Of course that moment would not only include the tiny baby I want to hold on to and the wonderfully curious preschooler, it would also include endless diaper changes, a twenty minute procession to get to from the living room to the car, constantly saying, "give him a little space," and "one * two * if I get to three you are going to time out." But oh, his smiles and her darling commentary on life.  I will truly, dearly miss this moment in time.    







2 comments:

Britt Curtis said...

I can't wait to hold him!

Megan and Jesse said...

He is getting so big! I love how cute Lucy is with him, and is adorable smile!! Way to go!!