Friday, August 16, 2013
It is so much fun to spend some of Reid's nap time just hanging out with Lucy in her room. She is usually so good at being alone during quiet time but she loves when she has company! She is fun to talk to a creative to play with. Such a fascinating girl!
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
We celebrated Reid's big birthday in Red River, New Mexico with Mike's family. It was the perfect setting to turn one in. He is such a great kid, but I can't believe my baby is gone. Reid is busy and fast and curious and fun. He is usually up for all of Lucy's crazy games. He goes with the flow most of the time but when he is set free to pursue his own agenda he has no problems assuming independence. He has been trying to walk for a while now, but when you have a three-year old chasing you regularly, you resort to what is fastest and most dependable. Whenever Lucy would leave the room he would walk but when she returned he crawled. He is now, however, using his feet as his main mode of transportation. He says dad and doggie and hi. We adore this lovely little guy!
Monday, August 12, 2013
* Paul and Janet came to see the new house and help with some home improvement projects. One of these days we will let them visit and just relax.
* Lots of play time in the sun and water and dirt.
* Practice camping in our living room.
* Mini vacation in Colorado Springs and Telluride. Telluride is easily the most lovely city I have ever stayed in.
* Prince family reunion in Durango. Every single one of my cousins and their kids made it this year (except for one on a mission).
* A bit of exploring around town: our favorite - bubble garden at The Museum of Contemporary Arts
* Megan and Tanner came to visit and do the mom thing together. It was so fun to have her here and we are so excited that their career prayers have been answered!