Sunday, October 12, 2008

Voting


I am so curious about how you are voting.  Not who you are voting for, but how you decided.  Are you voting along a party line?  Are you voting based on personal impressions of the candidates?  Are you voting based on one particular issue?  If so, which one?  

I told Mike this weekend, after months of rather heated yet stimulating debates, that I would make my final decision based on the sole platform of education.  I'm not sure that's fair, but that's my confession.  Education matters to me.  I think it is the sole governmental program that can create equality and progress.    

Please don't tell me who you are voting for, but post how you decided who to vote for.  I would love to hear. 

6 comments:

Bryce said...

Obama. Because I don't want our country to blow up yet.

Katie Curtis said...

Since my mother lives overseas and does not have an absentee ballot, I will be voting on her behalf.

Renee said...

I'm voting with the candidate that is most aligned with my belief system, that is, that all people are equal and deserve a fair chance at success. This includes healthcare, education, assistance for the poor and needy.

JJLanier said...

I am also voting according to my beliefs...one being that life is sacred even from it's earliest beginnings. In this election I feel like some issues are important but others are essential. Foreign policy is huge to me- protecting our nation protects all that we hold dear.

heidizinha said...

i still haven't made up my mind. i don't really like either of them.

Maria said...

I'm voting based on moral ("social") issues. Education is also incredibly important to me, but with 40 million abortions per year worldwide(see Ensign, October 2008), I can't help but think that getting kids into this world, and raising them in a society with both a mom and a dad (YES on Prop 8 - too bad I'm not in California) is the first step to turning around our society and creating equality. By the way, hi Mike! And hi Jen, I can't wait to meet you someday. (My husband Shane and I were in Mike's ward right after his mission - Shane was his roommate).