Sunday, January 15, 2012

2 years old

We woke up this morning to snow. What a perfect birthday festivity! We took a morning walk in the quiet snow and it was the perfect time to reflect on the amazing girl lucy is. She is passionate and interested and curious and confident and decisive. I am so lucky to get to spend my time with this wonderful girl.


I had overly ambitious plans of asking Lucy 20 of the same questions each year on her birthday. I thought I stacked my cards right and set aside time right after she was napped and fed with the promise of a cupcake to come and Mike there assisting to keep her happy and interested. But I didn't get much of an overwhelming enthusiasm from the girl. So, basically, aside from the quoted portions, this year it is my interpretation of what Lucy would say if she could sit still long enough to tell me. So here is what I did get in between her bucking like a "bug", although it looked suspiciously like a horse, and pulling books off the shelf
1. What is your favorite color? "PINK" (although we are a tiny bit perplexed over her inability to distinguish between any of the other colors)
2. What is your favorite toy? "WHITE. . . ANIMALS" (she does indeed love her stuffed animals but her favorite toy is probably her nesting doll from Russia)
3. What is your favorite fruit? "AVO. . . BABY DOLL. . . MOMMY. . . AVOCADO"
4. What is your favorite tv show? "NEMO" (I would venture to say she watches more Elmo than Nemo but its a close call)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? "BIRTHDAY. . . I LOVE TO EAT BIRTHDAYS" (is she referring to all the frosting ingested?)
6. What is your favorite outfit? "SHIRT" (she loves her whale shirt)
7. What is your favorite game? (ring around the rosie)
8. What is your favorite snack? (rice cakes)
9. What is your favorite anima? "BUGS. I LIKE BUGS"
10. What is your favorite song? (Popcorn Popping, I hope they call me on a mission, Child of God)
11. What is your favorite book? (Olivia's Opposites, No No Yes Yes)
12. Who is your best friend? "PEOPLES" (Eliza)
13. What is your favorite cereal? (Cheerios)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? "PLAY OUTSIDE" (feed the ducks)
15. What is your favorite drink? (Chocolate Milk)
16. What is your favorite holiday? "BIRTHDAY"
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? "ANIMALS!" (and exactly three blankets)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? (cereal)
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? (Mac and cheese)
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? "A DRESS" (A lot of people are predicting veterinarian though)

1 comment:

paula curtis said...

I love what Lucy said and I love the interpretations included. I think you captured the 2 year old Lucy quite well. I think the 20 questions on birthdays is a wonderful idea. Wish I would have thought of that when you were 2.