Thursday, February 14, 2008

The pressure of tag

In elementary school tag was always so stressful because your speed, or lack there of, was so vulnerable to other kids perspectives and now I find them same vulnerability with cleverness in adult tag rather than speed. But, I'll just embrace my inability to be clever under pressure and celebrate that this particular tag questionair doesn't demand too much wisdom.

10 years ago: I was living in Venezuela with my family and trying to survive the fact that I couldn't talk to peers my age and was going to a school with about 10 students in all. I was, however, getting a great tan living on the Caribbean.

On my to-do list: Find my marriage license so I can change my name, sign up for AP/IB training and decide whether to teach sophomore or senior IB/AP, prepare my lesson for the Laurels on Sunday, grade 100 essays, print wedding pictures, and finish my book!

5 places I've lived: Portland, Provo, Brazil, Venezuela, Texas . . .

5 jobs I've had: teaching high school English, receptionist for the religion department at BYU, receptionist for the general book department of the BYU bookstore, and information and front desk gal at Bryce Canyon's Ruby's Inn.

What I would do if I were a billionaire: Buy a house here in Portland and a vacation home (and by "a" I mean "a couple"), go on an amazingly decked out safari with my grandma who has always wanted to go, give enough money to family members so that can all buy a house or do something else they dream of, put away for more eduction and the education of future kids, hire a personal shopper who is the my exact size so I never have to go shopping but always have new clothes, and give the rest to the church education fund.

Bad habits: no matter how hard I try not to I always leave a little dab of toothpaste in the sink

Things I enjoy: really genuine people, a good run, and doing new things with my dear husband

Things people don't know about me: I love politics and always have pretty strong opinions but I don't know who to vote for this election. I have recurring dreams that I need help but when I open my mouth I can not scream and it is the worst feeling in the world. I want a motivational speaking/life coaching role someday but have no idea how to go about that career path.

Tagged: Katie Curtis and Lisa John

3 comments:

Christina said...

Yay! Thanks for playing. It's always fun to learn new things about people you think you know so well! Happy Valentine's Day!

em said...

I love who you are, Jen! I think I would do the exact same thing if I had millions of dollars.
What a busy weekend...didn't we think we would be able to "rest" after our missions? I feel like life has only gotten busier, dang it! : )
You and your hubby look so happy and cute together....PARABENS!!!

Natalie said...

I didn't know you were writing a book! And from an earlier post, I didn't know Megan was serving a mission! It's been too long, friend.