Saturday, February 9, 2008

Tryon Creek State Park

After all the rain that tends to fall in the area, seeing blue skies today was complete euphoria! We couldn't get enough of being outside - we worked on the car (well, Mike worked and I watched), went for a run around the neighborhood, and then when we realized we still weren't satiated we went to Tryon Park, a state park right in the middle of SE Portland.

The colors were so bright and gorgeous.
Mike has become the water police these days. We have been working out pretty hard and he is always checking to be sure we have both gotten enough water.
Mike kept teasing me for walking without conviction through the mud. But I understand myself pretty well, and know that I tend to end up sitting in the mud if I'm not careful. And, alas, a few minutes after this picture I ended up in some mud!


3 comments:

Christina said...

I'm really relieved that you DIDN'T walk with conviction through that mud. That could be dangerous!!! :)

Renee said...

I'm so glad to see the water bottles are being put to good use! I hope the other goodies were as well :) Why didn't we get to see the post-mud pictures??

Katie Curtis said...

I love that! Kind of reminds me of that Ecology trip we went on in Venezuela. Oh the memories!
I'm so jealous of you and Mike! I mean for living in Oregon, not for being all married and cute and together. Maybe thats a lie.